It is springtime and there is pollen in the air. My immune system mistakenly sees the pollen as a danger and releases antibodies that attack the allergens. This triggers the release of histamines into my blood. And the histamines were causing my eyes to itch and water.
Desperate for relief, I (regrettably) took Allegra and now I am suffering side effects from the medication. I am tired and my mind is foggy. Considering that the list of potential side effects from pharmaceuticals is certainly not limited to drowsiness, there needs to be a better approach.
There are several natural options that act as natural anti-inflammatory or antihistamine. These are safe and natural ways to reduce allergy symptoms while limiting the amount of pharmaceuticals we put in our and our children’s bodies.
1. NETTLE LEAF– Used as an anti-inflammatory and antihistamine. I recommend this one by Gaia Herbs' Nettle Leaf. It is a concentrated extract of nettles grown on Gaia's own certified organic farm.
2. QUERCETIN– Helps to prevent allergies by blocking the production and release of histamine. I love this one by Solaray.
3. BROMELAIN– Reduces swelling in the sinuses to prevent allergies. Learn more about the health benefits of Bromelainhere.
4. PROBIOTICS – Beneficial bacteria for the digestive system to promote a healthy immune system. In babies and children probiotics can encourage the production of antibodies that can protect them from allergies later in life.
5. VITAMIN D– D deficiency is higher among children with allergies. Take a Vitamin D supplementation to help prevent seasonal allergies and also help the symptoms go away more quickly.
Leave a comment
Get 10% off your first purchase + first dibbs on new product